“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
Protecting Our Water Supply
- Start testing Ringwood municipal wells monthly for all toxic chemicals present at the Superfund site.
- Support a full cleanup of the Superfund site to ensure safe drinking water for future generations.
Lobby state leaders to balance the Highlands Act protections with compensation for Ringwoodthrough a usage surcharge on the water we protect.
Preserving Ringwood's Character
- Ensure that we keep our small-town feel, protect our open spaces and natural beauty in all planning decisions.
Establish a feasible plan to revitalize the Skyline Drive corridor that is aesthetically compatible withRingwood’s unique character.
- Stop quarry expansion and non-compliance with strong enforcement of local ordinances.
Promoting Quality Education
Work hand-in-hand with the local education community to ensure our schools have sufficient resources to support the whole child, a quality school system, and improve property values.
Establish a working committee of council members, the BOE, parents, and educators with the goal of identifying and implementing shared services and resources between the borough and schools.
- Assist BOE and teacher efforts to obtain grants and lobby funds from state and federal governments.
Initiate a community-wide effort to achieve “Sustainable Jersey Certification” for our schools to reduce costs and ensure the health and safety of our students.
Partnering with Local Business
Re-establish the Economic Development Committee to promote ecotourism and our local attractions, with the goal of ensuring that businesses benefit from town visitors and increasing occupancy rates.
Partner with the Chamber of Commerce to re-launch Ringwood Day as an annual event, beginning with celebrating Ringwood’s 100th Anniversary in 2018
Pursue grant money to build sidewalks or walking trails connecting the library to the shoppingcenters and explore options to make crossing Skyline Drive safer.
- Revise the town sign ordinance to give businesses options and establish consistent design standards.
We have added the ability to make donations online using a credit card, but we understand that some people still prefer writing checks. If that is the case, please make checks payable to “Ringwood Democratic Organization” and mail to:
Ringwood Democratic Organization
PO Box 81
Ringwood, NJ 07456